Mar 2, 2015

Monday Morning Quote (Nietzsche)

“I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses.”

Friedrich Nietzsche
from Thus Spoke Zarathustra

I'm not sure if I could be so confident to say that I have anything rewarding to give to the discriminate patron who wishes to learn more about me. I love the sentiment here though; although a person may seem brooding and bitter on the outside he may still have that heart of gold on the inside - or at least something desirable. It can also apply to ideas and cultures too. For example, something like atheism may seem nihilistic and terrifying to the person that was raised catholic but once explored reveals a viewpoint of one that values individuality, pluralism, and an open society.

No comments:

Post a Comment